MBBS 1981- Karnataka University, India,
MS 1985- Karnataka University, India,
MCh (Neurosurgery) 1989- Bombay University,
FRCS Ed 1998, EANS 2002, FRCS (SN) 2004
1975-81 Karnataka Medical College, Hubli,
1982-85 J N Medical College, Belgaum,
1987-89 KEM Hospital Mumbai
King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai 1987 -1989
Royal Preston Hospital,Preston 1996 -1999
Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton 2003- 2005
Consultant Neurosurgeon, University Hospital, Southampton 2006- present
British Medical Association
British Society of Neurological Surgeons
British Skull Base Society
British Paediatric Neurosurgery Group
Skull base including endoscopic skull base surgery, Pituitary Surgery, Paediatric neurosurgery & Neuroendoscopy.
Lead for Pituitary MDT, Core member for Skull base and Paediatric neuro-oncology MDTs
Training Programme Director - Neurosurgery, Wessex Deanery
Chair, Wessex Pituitary & Craniopharyngioma MDT
1. Wahab SS, Rokade A, Nair S, Mathad NV: Endoscopic endonasal resection of large skull base schwannoma. Br J Neurosurg. 2014 May 28:1-3.
2. Gallagher MJ, Durnford AJ, Wahab SS, Nair S, Rokade A, Mathad N: Patient-reported nasal morbidity following endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery.Br J Neurosurg. 2014 Oct; 28(5):622-5.
3. List RJ, Thomas SP, Shenouda E, Lang D, Davis A, Mathad N: Fibrin Sealant Injection: An Aid to Reduce Venous Bleeding during Jugular Bulb and Sigmoid Sinus Dissection in Glomus Jugulare (Jugulotympanic Paraganglioma) Surgery. Skull Base. 2011 Sep; 21(5):309-12.
4. Durnford AJ, Kirkham FJ, Mathad N, Sparrow OC: Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the treatment of childhood hydrocephalus: validation of a success score that predicts long-term outcome.. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011 Nov;8(5): 489-93.
5. Bulters DO, Mathad N, Culliford D, Millar J, Sparrow OC: The natural history of cranial dural arteriovenous fistulae with cortical venous reflux--the significance of venous ectasia.. Neurosurgery. 2012 Feb;70(2):312-8
Understanding activity pie charts
What does the Consultant activity pie chart show?
The Consultant activity pie charts represent the total number of elective (planned) finished consultant episodes (FCEs) and non-elective (emergency) finished consultant episodes. A finished consultant episode usually represents the care of a single patient from admission to discharge.
Please note that for Consultants who provide both adult services for patients older than 17 years and paediatric services for patients 16 years old and younger there are two outcome reports.
Understanding mortality funnel plot charts
What does the Consultant funnel plot chart show?
The Hospital Consultant mortality funnel plot represent the total number of elective (planned) finished consultant episodes (FCEs) and non-elective (emergency) finished consultant episodes. A finished consultant episode usually represents the care of a single patient from admission to discharge.
The mortality presented here is for three years: April 2014 – March 2017. Please note that for Consultant who provide both adult services for patients older than 17 years and paediatric services for patients 16 years old and younger there are two outcome reports.
The horizontal yellow line represents the national average mortality. The solid black lines above and below the yellow line are the control limits. The upper control limit represents the highest expected mortality rate. The Consultant's outcome is highlighted in magenta.